Hamburg DOM Northern Germany's biggest funfair
The Hamburger Dom is the biggest public festival in the north of Germany. Three times a year you can experience fun, nostalgia and thrills.
Northern Germany's biggest funfair
For 30 days during summer, winter and spring, Hamburg’s citizens and visitors have a wonderful time walking across the Heiligengeistfeld with its many exciting attractions. From vintage horse-carousels and show-booths to thrilling high-tech rides — there is something fun for everyone at the Hamburg DOM. You’ll also find delicious food, from sweets and traditional snacks to hearty multi-course meals.
Winter starts at the WinterDOM! From November 4th to December 4th 2016, the Heiligengeistfeld is transformed into a thrilling winter-wonderland, this year boasting three brand new rollercoasters and an iceskating rink.
Eisvergnügen: Winter-Wonderland on ice
Spanning a 1000-sqm central WinterDOM area, the brand new Eisvergnügen Winter-Wonderland features an ice rink of grand proportions. Premiering in 2016, DOM-goers can playfully glide across the ice, try themselves at a game of curling or simply watch all the action over a ‘Glühwein’ at the winter-themed market. The Eisvergnügen Winter-Wonderland also boasts an appealing programme of entertainment and music, including a Kids-Disco on Wednesdays between 4 and 6 p.m. Birthdays, Christmas parties and corporate functions can be booked in advance on www.eisvergnügen.de.
Another grand premiere on the 2016 WinterDOM: the 875 sqm Dithmarscher Marquee offers a capacity of 600 seats: perfect for any Christmas party, corporate or private function. The themed marquee features Dithmarscher Beer on tap, savoury favourites such as freshly roasted pig-on-the-spit on Sundays, Kasseler pork or Kohlwurst (cabbage sausage) with sides, a Veggie-menu and kids’ favourites such as chicken nuggets with fries and chips. An attractive and varied entertainment programme includes live music every evening from 8 to 11 p.m. and the ‘Sleeper & Techno Party’ on Thursday the 17th of November.
Attention, all roller coaster lovers!
This year’s WinterDOM features three new rides:
- Big Spin: experience hair-rising action with the incredible acceleration of this 12-metre free-fall!
- Predator: adrenaline-charged experience of unpredictable direction when you are turned upside-down and spinning through the air!
- Crazy Town: the XX-Large maze that challenges your orientation on four levels!
Don't miss these roller coasters that entertain thrill-seekers of all ages:
- Kuddel der Hai – Kuddel the Shark is the Mini-Rollercoaster for the whole family!
- Die Wilde Maus – a classic featuring sharply turning serpentines from 14 metres of height the ‚Wild Mouse‘ is also tickling your funny bone!
- Rock & Rollercoaster – this rollercoaster excites by taking you up and down steep mountain-like ramps from a total height of 20 metres!
- Teststrecke – appropriately named ‚Test Track‘, this adrenaline-filled ride features 45 degree descents, 65 degree bends and two full loops at a top speed of 80 km/h.
A very special attraction at the DOM are the fireworks that can be seen every Friday night at 10:30 p.m..
Wednesday is family-day
Every Wednesday, visitors of the Hamburg DOM enjoy discounts on rollercoaster rides and other attractions.
Heiligengeistfeld, St. Pauli
U3 Subway to St. Pauli or Feldstrasse
Mon to Thu: 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Fri to Sat: 3:00 p.m. to 00:30 a.m.
Sun: 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Day Of Mourning: Sunday, 13. Nov. 2016, 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Commemoration Day: Sunday, 29. Nov. 2016, 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Music starting 5:00 p.m.
For more information and exact dates, please visit our German Dom page.
04.11.2016 - 04.12.2016
24.03.2017 - 23.04.2017
28.07.2017 - 27.08.2017
03.11.2017 - 03.12.2017
23.03.2018 - 22.04.2018
27.07.2018 - 26.08.2018
09.11.2018 - 09.12.2018
22.03.2019 - 22.04.2019
26.07.2019 - 25.08.2019
08.11.2019 - 08.12.2019
27.03.2020 - 26.04.2020
24.07.2020 - 23.08.2020
06.11.2020 - 06.12.2020